Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What Is A Gratitude Envelope Anyway?



If you have checked out my Etsy store lately you have likely seen sets of gratitude envelopes for sale.  The idea came to me while thinking of gifts to give to my family last Christmas/birthday season.  Ours is not a huge family, currently 8 adults and 1 munchkin but of those 9 people, 6 of us have birthdays in the first three months of the year.  Birthday presents are distributed at Christmas as well since we live hundreds of miles apart.  Being a stay-at-home mom, I wanted gifts that would be fairly inexpensive to make but would mean something.   The answer was gratitude envelopes.


I knit a different envelope for each person using different colors of yarn.  Everyone wrote something special to the other family members and we all walked away with a collection of thoughts from our dearest, if not so nearest (geographically that is).  My envelope and the lovely thoughts it holds now rests on a shelf above my desk.  Whenever I miss my family, I read through the cards and know that I am loved.


Currently, I have sets of 4 envelopes on my website with sets of 8 coming soon.  I welcome custom orders, after all the original set was custom made. 

No comments: